Maryland Definition of Income For Child Support
"WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW, BE SMART - UNDERSTAND THE LAW"
Our family law section is headed by STUART H. GROZBEAN. Mr. Grozbean was named to "Who's Who" in 1998, 1999, 2000. He is now a life member of "Who's Who", a prestigious national recognition of outstanding professionals in the United States. He is also the developer of the child support guidelines program in Maryland. His program is widely used by Judges, Masters and Lawyers in Maryland.
MD FAMILY 12-101, Court's power to award Child Support
(2) Actual income.
(4) Based on the circumstances of the case, the court may consider the following items as actual income:
(3) Adjusted actual income. "Adjusted actual income" means actual income minus:
(4) Combined adjusted actual income. "Combined adjusted actual income" means the combined monthly adjusted actual incomes of both parents.
(5) Potential income. "Potential income" means income attributed to a parent determined by the parent’s employment potential and probable
(6) Ordinary and necessary expenses. "Ordinary and necessary expenses" does not include amounts allowable by the Internal Revenue Service for the accelerated component of depreciation expenses or investment tax credits or any other business expenses determined by the court to be inappropriate for determining actual income for purposes of calculating child support.
(7) Extraordinary medical expenses. (1) "Extraordinary medical expenses" means uninsured expenses over $100 for a single illness or condition. (2) "Extraordinary medical expenses" includes uninsured, reasonable, and necessary costs for orthodontia, dental treatment, asthma treatment, physical therapy, treatment for any chronic health problem, and professional counseling or psychiatric therapy for diagnosed mental disorders.
(8) Shared physical custody. "Shared physical custody" means that each parent keeps the child or children overnight for more than 35% of the year and that both parents contribute to the expenses of the child or children in addition to the payment of child support.
(9) Adjusted basic child support obligation. "Adjusted basic child support obligation" means an adjustment of the basic child support obligation for shared physical custody.
(10) Basic child support obligation. "Basic child support obligation" means the base amount due for child support based on the combined adjusted actual incomes of both parents.
|© Belli, Weil & Grozbean, P.C. All Rights Reserved.